Behind our home lies The Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge. This site was previously an area in which they manufactured nuclear triggers. After many years, it was shutdown and after cleanup has become a wildlife refuge. On the northwest corner of the refuge lies the Lindsay Ranch. It was originally homesteaded by the Scott family in 1868. Later, in 1941, the Lindsay family bought the property and built the barn and home seen in these photos.